Oak Trees Varieties We Carry
We collect acorns from the wild in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. We also source acorns from California and other areas in the US. We grow trees from the wide variety of acorns collected.
We also pay attention to how Oak trees grow in the wild, if they are growing on a rocky hillside (they probably require more drainage) or growing next to a creek (they are probably well-adapted to times of lots of water and periods of drought).
We also know that trees planted in correct location on your property can add shade during hot weather, shielding portions of the house or the same deciduous Oak tree can let in extra light and warmth during colder winter weather. It's a topic commonly known as "Landscaping for Energy Savings".
Silver Leaf Oak
Native Oak Trees
- Arizona White Oak (Quercus arizonica) Arizona Native
- Bigelow Oak (Quercus sinuata var. brevola)
- Boissier Oak (Quercus Bossier)
- Bur Oak (Quercus macrocarpa)
- California White Oak (Quercus lobata) California Native
- Canyon Live Oak (Quercus chrysolepis)
- Canby Oak (Quercus canbyi)
- Chestnut Leaf Oak (Quercus castanifolia)
- Chinquapin Oak (Quercus muehlenbergii) West Texas and Central Texas
- Chisos Red Oak (Quercus gravesii) West Texas Native
- Cork Oak (Quercus suber)
- Emory Oak (Quercus emoryi) West Texas and Arizona
- Escarpment Live Oak (Quercus fusiformis) Texas Native
- Gray Oak (Quercus grisea) Texas Native
- Gamble Oak (Quercus gambelli) West Texas and Arizona Native
- Holly Oak (Quercus ilex)
- Lacey Oak (Quercus laceii) Texas Native
- Loquat Oak (Quercus rysophylla)
- Mexican Blue Oak (Quercus oblongifolia) West Texas / Arizona Native
- Mexican White Oak (Quercus polymorpha) Texas Native
- Mohns Oak (Quercus moriana) Texas Native
- Netleaf Oak (Quercus rugosa) New Mexico Native
- Palmeri Oak (Quercus palmeri)
- Portuguese Live Oak (Quercus faginea)
- Red Rock Oak (Quercus buckleyi) Texas Native
- Texas Red Oak (Quercus buckleyi) Texas Native
- Toumey Oak (Quercus toumeyi) Arizona
- Turkey Oak (Quercus cerris)
- Sandpaper Oak (Quercus pungens) Texas Native
- Shumard Red Oak (Quercus shumardii) Texas Native
- Silver Leaf Oak (Quercus hypoleucoides) Arizona / New Mexico Native
- Sonoran Scrub Oak (Quercus turbinella)Arizona / New Mexico Native
- Vasey Oak (Quercus pungensvar.vaseyana) Texas Native
Other Oak Tree Varieties
We carry smaller amounts of other Oak species as well. Through some of our contacts, we also have some English Oak (Quercus Rober) and California Live Oak, Interior Live Oak and California Valley Oak.
New this year are collected Hinkley acorns. This is another one of the Oak varieties (like a Vasey Oak or a Mohn's Oak) that are small trees typically not more than 10 to 12 feet. Great for a smaller landscape area!
We also plant out our Oak varieties and track how they grow in the different environments between SE Arizona and Central Texas.
Oak trees varieties adapt well to the differing amounts of rainfall as well as temperature. In cold winters oaks can survive wide extremes of temperatures, from the single digits into the 100's without an issue.
Silver Leaf Oak