One of our favorite tree is the Texas and Arizona Madrone. They are harder to find in the wild but worth the effort! And starting in late Spring, they can put on a show!
Oaks of the Wild West
We are planning a late September acorn collection trip. We might be in your area and can make a tree delivery for a reduced shipping cost!
Place your order for September delivery now!
We will be traveling through S. New Mexico, far West Texas (Alpine), around Midland, down to central Texas.
For some of our trees that we grow we have had bumper crops! One of those crops is the Cork Oak (quercus suber). By contrast the Arizona White Oak did poorly but the small Arizona White Oak acorns collected two years are growing nicely and are about 2 feet tall.
Looking for a privacy screening?
We grow a variety of Pine Trees from around Arizona and New Mexico and Texas. One of the most popular pine trees is the Italian Stone Pine. It is a fast growing beautiful pine that can be 12 feet wide by 12 feet tall at maturity. Arizona Cypress and Blue Ice Arizona Cypress are popular trees that grow wide and tall that provides a flash of unusual color and is drought tolerant once established.
We carry a wide variety of native plants from a variety of southern states, primarily Texas, Arizona and California. We have a smaller selection of trees from New Mexico.
Many of the Oak Trees and Pine Trees grow throughout the US. We've sold lots of trees to the North Carolina as well as Utah - even recently to Las Vegas, NV so call us if you have questions about the tree you want and it's viability for your area.
Texas Red Oak trees make great shade trees and that make great fall color!
Looking for an Native Oak Tree?
Doesn't matter if you are East Coast, or West Coast, we ship throughout the U.S.
If you are traveling in the area, we welcome your visit! Our tree nursery locations are:
Sierra Vista, AZ
Austin/Dripping Springs, TX
Native Tree Nursery
Our nursery specializes in collecting a wide variety of Oak species. With our connections, we collect acorns from around the world, including a wide variety of California Native Oaks.
We have two nursery locations, Central Texas and SE Arizona. Our original location is outside of Sierra Vista, Arizona.
We can help you make the right selection of native trees for your area, from California to Virginia and in-between.
We carry a limited amount of other Oak tree species as well : Netleaf Oak (quercus rugosa) - Mexican Blue Oak (quercus oblongifolia).
The Mexican Blue Oak is a unique tree native to Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. The leaves are strong a dark blue color and have an unusual shape. The tree is very drought tolerant. When new leaves appear on the plant they are a wonderful light pink color. Typically, throughout the winter the tree is evergreen, however during the last severe cold winter with temperatures down to 3 degrees, the leaves were affected, but the plants survived.
List of current Native Oak trees we carry
- Arizona White Oak (quercus arizonica) (Arizona collection) Arizona Native
- Blackjack Oak (quercus marilandica) (Central Texas collection)
- Bur Oak (quercus macrocarpa) (Central Texas collection)
- California Valley Oak (quercus lobata) California Native
- Canby Oak (quercus canbyi)(Central Texas collection)
- Canyon Live Oak (quercus chrysolepis) California, Arizona native
- Chestnut Leaf Oak (quercus castanifolia)
- Chinquapin Oak (quercus muehlenbergii) (West Texas collection) Texas native
- Cork Oak (quercus suber)
- Chisos Red Oak (quercus gravesii) (West Texas collection) Texas native
- Escarpment Live Oak (quercus fusiformis)Texas native
- Emory Oak (quercus emoryi)Arizona / Texas Native
- Gamble Oak (quercus gambelli) (Arizona collection) Arizona /New Mexico/ Texas native
- Germana Oak (quercus germana) Mexican Royal Oak
- Graves Oak (quercus gravesii) (West Texas collection) Texas native
- Gray Oak (quercus grisea) (West Texas collection) New Mexico / Texas native
- Holly Oak (quercus ilex) (Arizona collection)
- Lacey Oak (quercus laceyii) Texas native (Texas Superstar tree)
- Mexican Blue Oak (quercus oblongifolia)(Arizona collection) Arizona native
- Monterrey Oak (quercus polymorpha) Arizona and Texas native
- Mohr's Oak (quercus mohriana) (West Texas collection) Texas native
- Texas Red Oak - Red Rock Oak (quercus buckleyi) Texas native
- Sandpaper Oak (quercus pungens) (West Texas collection) Texas native
- Shrub Live Oak (quercus turbinella) (Arizona collection) California / Arizona / New Mexico/ Texas native
- Shumard Red Oak (quercus shumardii) Texas native
- Silver Leaf Oak (quercus hypoleucoides) Arizona native
- Vasey Oak (quercus vaseii/pungens)V(Central Texas collection) Texas native
- Valley Oak (quercus lobata) California native
Visitors come from around the state and the nation, including: Tombstone AZ, Douglas AZ, Bisbee AZ, Hereford AZ, Huacahuca City AZ, Sonoita AZ, Patagonia AZ, Sunizona AZ, Double Adobe AZ, Dragoon AZ, Benson AZ, Wilcox AZ, Tucson AZ, Phoenix, AZ Scottsdale, AZ Mesa, AZ Chandler, AZ